Jamba is an international social enterprise that provides training and career development opportunities for people with disabilities, as well as inclusion-promoting services, consulting and training development opportunities for employers open to recruit such talent. Jamba is also involved in shaping social attitudes through communication campaigns to lend new dimensions to the social image of people with disabilities.
Our fully accessible English classes aim to equip people with disabilities with language skills that are essential for them in order to be competitive in the open labor market. The online classes are available for free of charge to the clients of Jamba, and the schedule of the classes is flexible.
We are looking for new volunteer English teachers who would be happy to spend part of their freetime teaching motivated students with disabilities in small groups.
What we offer?
- personal and professional development opportunity
- ongoing professional support and mentoring
- insightful training in teaching students with special needs
- cool and supportive volunteer community & networking opportunities
- participation in the life of Jamba
- A Jamba-certificate of teaching
You are the ideal applicant if:
- you have minimum C1-level knowledge of English and use the language actively
- you are empathetic and open-minded
- you have 3 hours of freetime every week
- you are ready to commit yourself to volunteer with us for at least 6 months (September 2023-February 2024)
- applications from non-Hungarian volunteers are also very welcome!
- teaching experience
- volunteer experience
- experience with people with disabilities
- Application deadline: 18 June 2023, please submit your application via the following link: https://forms.gle/2DqipSyiJZG3KryNA
- Selected applicants will be invited to an online interview
- In person introductory training: 8 July 2023, 10:00-16:00, wheelchair-accessible venue in Budapest (downtown)
- Notification on final selection by 12 July 2023
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com